Skip to main content

The Star Destroyer Project

And other modeling projects

Home
48" Scratch Build
24" Commission #1
24" Commission #2
24" Commission #3
X-Wing Fighter
Fine Molds Falcon
Blockade Runner
B-Wing Fighter
Super Star Destroyer
Super Star Destroyer x4
36" Resin Star Destroyer
Slave-1
Radiant
Republic Star Destroyer
Jawa Sandcrawler
BSG Viper
"Crashdown" Viper
Space: 1999 Eagles
Space: 1999 War Hawk
Moonraker Space Shuttle
Site Map
FAQs
About Me
Contact Us
"UFO" Interceptors
X-Wings x4
SSD 3
Randy Cooper Star Destroy
Snow Speeders
E11 Blaster
Imperial Walker

Space:1999 - Eagle
 
 
 
 
October 26. 2010
 
Completed!   (Click on picture for Hi-Res link)












Check out the spring loaded struts!





October 4, 2010
 
The top booster is done and in place, as are the shoulder mounted retro rockets.  Makes a big difference!
 

 











 
 

 
September 19, 2010
 
This project has gone on far too long, but is almost finished.  Just a few finishing details to go, including the booster rocket unit for the spine of one of the them.
 
 
She's still missing the booster unit and the quad retro rocket packs on the sides.  She's weathered a little more than this picture indicates... mostly with gray "moon dust" on the leading edges and underside.  This was down with pastels.

 
 
The after-market engine bells are worth every penny.  The landing gear is spring loaded and sinks down nicely with the weight of the model.  I had to add ballest tot he command module to even out the weight so she would wouldn't lean to the back.

 
Sitting with her twin sister.  There's a third, a Products Enterprise Eagle that I've added detail to and am painting as a VIP Eagle for the same client at the Warp Eagle.


 
This is example of why I'm always so far behind schedule.  The stowed "feet" that sit under the cargo pod will probably never be looked at twice, but I hated the ones that came with the kit (pictured on the left.)  They look too bulky and solid to my eye.  I choose to scratch build new feet that looked more functional.


 


 
A scratch built cockpit:



Still need to do a little work on the seat belts.

 

 
February 16, 2010
 
The doors to the Pod were inverted.  I covered them and replaced the sheet styrene cut to create the corrected the door.
 

 
A second pod has been modified for the booster version.

 


 
December 12, 2009
 
I've started the build by throwing as much detail as I could under the cages.  As molded, this area was sorely lacking, but easily corrected.  I've also removed the large "coffin"  humps on the top.
 
 
And primed: