Skip to main content

The Star Destroyer Project

And other modeling projects

Home
48" Scratch Build
24" Commission #1
24" Commission #2
24" Commission #3
X-Wing Fighter
Fine Molds Falcon
Blockade Runner
B-Wing Fighter
Super Star Destroyer
Super Star Destroyer x4
36" Resin Star Destroyer
Slave-1
Radiant
Republic Star Destroyer
Jawa Sandcrawler
BSG Viper
"Crashdown" Viper
Space: 1999 Eagles
Space: 1999 War Hawk
Moonraker Space Shuttle
Site Map
FAQs
About Me
Contact Us
"UFO" Interceptors
X-Wings x4
SSD 3
Randy Cooper Star Destroy
Snow Speeders
E11 Blaster
Imperial Walker

Moonraker Shuttle
 
 
 
 
February 15, 2009
 
I've had a request to customize the shuttle from Moonraker.  The base kit is a 1/100 scale Tamiya kit.  This kit was modeled after the shuttle prototype "Enterprise" and was actually produced before the first shuttle flew.  This dates the kit about the same time "Moonraker" was released.
 
I've spent the weekend assembling the kit.  I've mounted the shuttle on a dow rod, adjusted the display angle and poured a block of resin into the cargo hold to secure the dow.
 
Overall the kit has good fit, but seems were a major pain  where the wings meet the main body.  It took several layers of putty and a lot of sanding to get them to finally vanish.


 
 

 
February 21, 2009
 
I've finished the base coat and trim and am ready to start the detail and rough weathering.  The fine weathering will have to wait until the Jbot Decals have arrived and been applied.


 

 

 
February 28, 2009
 
She's done!
 


I always have a problem photographing grime.  This model is a little dirtier to the eye, but it seems
to get washed out when photographed.  As do the panel lines and grid work on the top of the wing.
 


The grime is a little more pronounced here.